Do you or someone you love suffer from sleep apnea or excessive snoring?
Now, there's a solution!
Here’s how it works:
Meet Marla. She found tremendous relief through Oral Appliance Therapy.
Hear her story in her own words:
See if Oral Appliance Therapy is right for you in three easy steps:
Step 1: Call us today at (602) 789-1131 to schedule your FREE, no obligation consultation with Dr. Wu. Click here to book your appointment online (when prompted for "Reason for your visit", select "Sleep Apnea / Snoring Device")
Step 2: Bring your medical insurance card to your appointment so we can check your benefits.
Step 3: Let us create a custom plan for your care that is convenient, effective and affordable!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):â€‹
- What is sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea is a serious medical condition that disrupts normal sleep patterns and can reduce blood oxygen levels throughout the night. It can increase your risk for driving and work-related accidents, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity, memory and learning problems, and depression. Excessive snoring can also cause side effects related to sleep deprivation in others sleeping nearby.
- How much does Oral Appliance Therapy cost?
- The answer depends on your medical insurance. In many cases we are able to perform this treatment at no out of pocket cost to you, even if you have a medical deductible and/or copay. We will estimate your benefits before starting treatment so you are fully informed of your financial obligations.
- What if I don’t have medical insurance?
- No problem! We offer easy financing with a low down payment of just $249 and monthly payments of $98 per month for 15 months. No credit check required.
- Are there any side effects of Oral Appliance Therapy?
- Most people are able to adapt to Oral Appliance Therapy quite quickly. Some jaw soreness can occur at the start of treatment and can be mitigated by chewing a small wafer each morning, which we provide. Symptoms usually abate within 2-3 weeks.
- Long term side effects are rare but can occur and may include tooth movement. We recommend visiting a trained dentist like Dr. Wu periodically during your treatment to monitor for any side effects. Most patients choose to combine this visit with their regular teeth cleaning.
- Sure I snore a little but how do I know if I have sleep apnea?
- We have a screening process and easy at-home sleep testing solutions to make diagnosis of sleep apnea convenient.
- Common misconceptions about sleep apnea include that it only afflicts individuals with a high body-mass index (BMI); or that if you do not wake up during the night, you are not a sufferer. In fact, sleep apnea can affect persons of all ages and sizes. Sometimes the sleep apnea does not wake the body to consciousness at night, but sufferers are still experiencing low blood oxygen levels, increased heart stress, and a host of other negative consequences from this serious disease. The only way to know if you have sleep apnea is to be professionally screened.
- I don't have sleep apnea but I do snore excessively. Can Oral Appliance Therapy help me too?
- YES! Excessive snoring can affect those around you, harming their sleep quality and affecting their health. Oral Appliance Therapy can help reduce or eliminate your snoring even if you don't have sleep apnea.